| I chose drawing over lego time today. |
| War Cartoon #1 by David Camps-Johnson |
I did some drawing this morning at the Lake: a war drawing and a board game.
In the war drawing, I have drawn a bunch of stickmen in a battle. The men with empty circles for heads are the defenders. The men with lines drawn across their circle heads are the attackers.
In the board game, you need to find keys to get into locked rooms. I would like to try being a Dungeon Master sometime.
I belong to a Digital Tech Creators Club that meets Monday nights. At that club, me and another guy are collaborating on a digitized stickman video. We are writing the storyline, developing the characters, producing the background music and animating the video.
| Game untitled. Game pieces are on the right and include goblins, keys, David and Bonnie. |
I even find time to do drawing/colouring at Kids Club after school (now that Lego is only an option on Wednesdays). I would say drawing and colouring are the main thing I do there. That is, unless I find a book that I can't put down, like Warriors: Cats of the Clans.
Hi David,
ReplyDeleteI liked your post about thinking about what you want to be when you grow up.
Animation and cartooning reminded me of movies. And then I remembered that I wanted to be an usher when I grew up. I even got the job, but I had to babysit the first night that they wanted me to work. I told them I couldn't come in until the next night. That wasn't OK with the theatre, so I lost my dream job.
hi arta, today I found a program for animating stickmen. It's called Pivot. It's only for PCs, not Macs. =( Because i have a mac my mom lets me use her pc
DeleteHi Arta.
DeleteI made two animations of stickmen today.
One animation was two stickmen, one with a gun and a sword & one with just a sword. In the end, one gets shot and the other gets jabbed with a sword.
In my second animation, there is a stickman with a gun and a shield & a stickman with just a gun. The stickman with just a gun shoots an entire clip at the other stickman. The stickman with a gun and a shield blocks it with his shield.
The stickman who shot a volley of shots ran out of ammo in his clip so he had to reload.
I animated this by by making an object that I named clip and an object that I made that I named gun. Gun is just a gun without a clip. And clip is a clip for a gun.
The stickman who had a shield grabbed the rifle from his back and got the rifle into firing position while the other stickman was reloading. But on the first shot of the second clip, the shield broke. One more shot to the head and the stickman with the shield died.
Do you have any animation request?
Tell me soon.
From David.