![]() |
| Can you tee the tabs on the shoulders and the side? |
Dear Hebe,
I loved to play paper dolls when I was little.
The paper dolls came in a book.
On one of the pages was a cardboard figure of a beautiful woman.
On all of the other pages there was her clothing which I would have to cut out.
There were tabs on the clothes so that I could wrap the tab over the shoulders of the doll to keep her outfit on her.
I would play paper dolls with my friend, Lorna Hughes. We played at her large wooden dining room table and we would dress up the dolls and then have them go to the opera, or go shopping, or go out to play tennis. There was an outfit for every event for those dolls.
I think it would be hard to buy a book of paper dolls now. But you could make a paper doll of your own, just by cutting one out of a catalogue and gluing it onto hard cardboard. The dolls need to be sturdy if you are going to play with them a lot.
What is your favourite toy, Hebe?

I remember my Johnson cousins from Barnwell, Uncle Bev's kids, making paper doll clothes. They designed their own. I was in awe of their skills. I think it was Valerie and Merilee.
ReplyDeleteI am thinking of making minecraft paper characters with fold down tabs for different skins.
ReplyDelete