
For Christmas one year, Cathy and Mary did some 'cultural modification' of a classic LDS print.
Here is the citation to the original.
And here is the modification! (a bit of goat skin, and cutting and pasting from another photo)
Truly a work of art!!!!

Why do I just chortle with glee when I see this?
ReplyDeleteI seem to recall the official or unofficial caption of this picture was "GO GO JESUS GO." Is that true? The story I remember is that Steve would be turning left at a set of lights, and would verbally encourage the cars ahead of him. Alex being in the car must have concluded that this phrase was part of left hand turn traditions. Dalton and I have adopted this phrase for our superhero team, the Jesus Rangers. Any time we need to transform into super-Jesus, to foil a villain, we sing out. "go go jesus rangers! Na, na, na, na-nah..."
ReplyDeleteThis work of art is truly awesome on so many levels. To quote Homer Simpson, it is simply "sacrilicious." And Doral, love the Jesus Rangers. I will remember to call on them next time I am in need.
ReplyDeleteThis makes me laugh every time I see it. Oh Jebus, is there anything he can;t do...leaving the kids in bewilderment :)
ReplyDeleteLaughed so hard with Mary while we were making this, that it brought us to tears. Wishing I had a copy with the faces of my 4 angelic children.
ReplyDelete